An Infographic Guide to Garden Buildings
A garden building is a structure built in a garden or outside space usually separate to a main house. It can be used as an office, studio, social space or for additional storage. Garden buildings come in a variety of shapes and sizes. In most cases, there is no need for planning permission.
A garden pod can be any shape however it is most often recognised as being spherical or curved in design. The garden pod can be made of a variety of materials including wood and stainless steel with either acrylic or polycarbonate windows. Most garden pods have lighting with some offering heating and a range of seating options. Our garden pods do not require planning permission.
Benefits of a Garden Pod
- A quality-built garden pod can add value to your home.
- A garden pod gives you additional space for entertaining, relaxing or working all year round.
- Our garden pods come with installation included.
Garden Dome or Igloo
A garden dome or igloo is, as per the name suggests, dome like in appearance. The materials used are weather resistant and range from aluminium, PVC or polycarbonate frames with either a PVC cover or polycarbonate windows. Many garden igloos are described as “pop-up” meaning that assembly is quick and easy with no foundation work necessary.
Benefits of a Garden Igloo
- DIY assembly with ability to dismantle and store when not in use.
- Cheaper alternative to a permanent garden pod.
- Easy to transport.
A summer house is typically a wooden outdoor building that features a timber frame and glazed windows. Many summerhouses feature overlapping tiled or felt roofs to encourage rainwater runoff. Summer houses can be treated with a protector to ensure longevity.
Benefits of a Summerhouse
- Can be used for entertaining, relaxing or working all year round.
- Summerhouses can be painted for a customised look.
- Waterproof structure.
Modern Log Cabin
A modern log cabin is a wooden garden structure that typically features tongue and groove connecting panels. The wooden panels of a log cabin are usually thicker than other wooden garden buildings. A log cabin features glazed windows and a secure door with locking system.
Benefits of a Modern Log Cabin
- Can be used as an office, gym or garden room
- A log cabin features a thick wooden structure
- Doors come with a locking system for security
A garden office is a structure that offers all the amenities needed for office use. A garden office is insulated and features glazed windows and doors to ensure heat is retained whilst working. A garden office is waterproof and constructed of high-quality materials.
Benefits of a Garden Office
- Designed to mimic an office
- Features insulation to retain heat
- Can route electrical wiring for sockets and lighting