Gorgeously Unusual Christening Gifts
The Christening of a son or daughter is one of the most important social ceremonies any young family can experience, and it’s a day of celebration for the baby’s parents, God parents and other members of the family. At this time, the baby is too young to keep any memories relating to the big day, so it is up to the parents and the family of the child to make sure that there are plenty of things to look back on when the child gets older, and what better a way to do that then by gifting a present which is truly unique? In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the more unusual, individual and quirky Christening gifts that money can buy.
Traditional versus Quirky Christening Gifts
One thing that can help a child to relive the day of their Christening is a special Christening keepsake. The primary Christening gift that parents purchase for their child is the Christening gown, and some parents often use Christening gowns that they wore, or that have been handed down through the generations. For other members of the family and for the God parents, there is the small matter of purchasing a suitable Christening gift or keepsake that can be enjoyed by both the parents and the child. The more traditional forms of christening gift include blankets, bibs, bonnets, engraved jewellery and much more. However, more people are looking for christening gifts that are a lot more unique, and even quirky, which can be beneficial, as more traditional gifts can lose their appeal and uniqueness over time. Let’s face it, not every christening gift has to be a trinket to be treasured forever (many of them will eventually find their way on to a Car Boot sale). Why not consider a gift which both the children and parents can enjoy immediately?
One of these Gorgeous Minimink Pram Papoose
- Measures (w)45cm x (l) 97cm x (d)5cm.
- Machine washable and low tumble dry.
- We recommend this size as the best one for a new baby as it is the perfect size for a rug, pram wrap or throw.
- The perfect gift for a new baby or even to use as a small fur throw / wrap for larger children and adult
This Incredibly Cute Bonnet
This beautiful Baby Bonnet Knit Kit is a do-it-yourself dream come true! Made from the softest wool, this cute little gift will sit proudly on top of any newborns sweet little head.
- Available in pink or blue.
- Kit includes: 2 x 50g Baby Blue S&S The Lil’ Merino Wool (100% superfine merino wool), a pair of size 8mm bamboo knitting needles, a Star Bonnet hat pattern, a sewing needle, basic knitting instructions and a re-usable Kraft bag to store all your knitting gear.
- Features a cute yet traditional design, perfect for newborns and babies.
A Very Cool Dinner Set
For those who are at the crunching munching age, a beautiful dinner set will be right up their street. The Kids Bamboo Five Piece Dinner Set is a eco-friendly, playful way to get children eating their greens with a fuss. Featuring an adorable design, this wonderful dinner set will make the perfect Christening Gift.
- The set contains 5 pieces: 1x bowl, 1x sectioned plate, 1x fork, 1x spoon and 1x cup with handle.
- Environmentally friendly, compostable material.
- BPA and Phthalates free.
- FDA and LFGB Food Safe approved.
Personalised Keepsake Necklace
Why not treat mum to something she can keep and pass down to here special little love? The Personalised Mother & Baby Double Drop Necklace is the perfect Christening Keepsake. Featuring two adorable drops which can bare the initials of both mother and baby.
- Can be personalised with initials of mother and her baby.
- Made from plated silver and plated gold.
- Comes in a gorgeous Lisa Angel gift box.
- Dimensions – chain length- 40cm with a 5cm extender charm; gold droplet width- 6mm x height 8mm.
Hopefully, this article has given you a few ideas of some of the more quirky and unique Christening gifts out there at the moment. However, these are just a few of the more unusual gifts that are available, and if you wish to get something a little bit different, it is important to start thinking outside of the box.
Our gift giving experts are always on hand to help – simply call us on +44 (0) 1305 231231 Mon-Fri 9-6pm or email email@example.com and our super friendly team will reply immediately.